One of the more frequent questions we receive is "What else is there to do in the area?"
So many people travel from around the country to attend Kansas Barn Sale, and then spend the weekend here.
So, over the next few months we'll be listing some additional things to do.
- Newton Et Cetera Shop. This is one of our favorite thrift stores to pick through. You never know what you'll find, but it's guaranteed to be a great price, and there is always friendly service!
- Andersons Office Supply. Don't let the "office supply" name fool you. While they do carry office products, this is much more like an old fashioned five and dime shop! It was started in 1892 and is conveniently located right next to the Etc. Shop on Main Street in Newton.
- The Old Hardware Store in Halstead. This place is pure eye candy from the time you pull up in front of the building. It's like a mash up of a museum, a hardware store, and an antique store. The staff is incredibly warm and helpful! You'll swear you just stepped back in time.
- Fox Theater in Newton. This historic theater hosts various events throughout the year including classic movies on select Friday nights. How fun to see a classic film in a great theater!
- Hesston Golf Park. Kansas Barn Sale is very "man-friendly" and dudes certainly won't feel out of place here. But if you want to let the ladies do their shopping alone, set up a Tee time at Hesston Golf Park. It's a beautifully maintained course and only a few miles from the big sale.
- Papas Pumpkin Patch. Just a few miles up the dirt road from Kansas Barn Sale is a great pumpkin patch! It's family owned, the kindest people, and best of all - Free admission! Take the kiddos and enjoy the activities, grab a few pumpkins or gourds, and have an enjoyable family outing.
Keep watching as we'll add more things soon!